Portsmouth Public Schools is pleased to partner with Portsmouth Schools Foundation and the Portsmouth community for a community-wide drive to collect backpacks and school supplies.
Please drop-off all donations at: City Hall (lobby) –
801 Crawford Street, Portsmouth, VA 23704 (boxes are provided for collection by the receptionist desk and by the elevators)
All donations will be given to Portsmouth students at a Forward 2 School event on Saturday, August 20 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at I.C. Norcom High School.
To prepare all students for another year of academic success, civic organizations, churches and city hall will collect backpacks and school supplies from July 5-29. Volunteers will assemble backpacks on Thursday, August 18 at I.C. Norcom High School. For volunteer information or to donate, please contact Sabrina Evans 757-393-5356.
The mission of the Portsmouth Schools Foundation is to actively promote the positive accomplishments in Portsmouth's public schools and to create opportunities for further improvement.
The goals of PSF are:
• To encourage parents to support and contribute to the educational process
• To encourage and facilitate active community and business involvement in the educational process
• To encourage and facilitate innovative ideas in instruction
• To increasingly communicate to the public the positive aspects of public education in Portsmouth
• To enhance educational initiatives that inspire students to learn and continue learning beyond the secondary level
• To secure increased financial support from the community to accomplish the goals of the Foundation
• To provide support for teacher recruitment and retention efforts of the Portsmouth Public Schools
The Portsmouth Schools Foundation is dedicated and proud to serve the students and faculty of the Portsmouth Public Schools.